HOW TO: Install TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery on Samsung Note 7
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide for how to install TWRP 3.0.2 custom recovery on Note 7. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This TWRP 3.0.2 recovery installation tutorial is only for Note 7 . Please do not try on any other Note 7 variants.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as a precaution.
- This TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery tutorial works with Android 5.0.2 and all future Android updates.
- Go to Settings > About device on your Note 7 and check your model no. It should be or do not proceed.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery package for Samsung Note 7 and extract this file anywhere in your computer:
- International Samsung Note 7 (N930F, N930FD): twrp-3.0.2-gracelte.img.tar
- Korean Samsung Note 7 (N930K, N930L, N930S): twrp-3.0.2-graceltekor.img.tar
NOTE: Make sure you select the appropriate file above for your Note 7 model.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to install CWM Recovery on Samsung Note 7 .
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Samsung Note 7 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the following file that you have to flash/install on your phone. This file will be found from the extracted file in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ / ‘AP’ and select the CWM package file you downloaded in step 1 for your phone.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, if not already.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will reboot into Recovery Mode automatically and install the root package / files. Your ID:COM box will also turn green.
Step 11 – After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it! Your Samsung Note 7 has now been flashed with TWRP 3.0.2. To enter Recovery Mode, shut down phone and then hold down the Home + Volume Up buttons and press the Power button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
Whenever you restart your phone, stock recovery keeps showing up? There is a fix for that. For details on how to make TWRP 3.0.2 permanent on your Android phone, head over to the next page.