OmniROM released their latest custom firmware based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy Tab 2 P3100. This ROM comes with the standard OmniROM features and some under the hood tweaks and enhancements that makes this ROM a perfect match for Galaxy Tab 2 P3100. If interested in Android 6.0.1 for other tablets, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to OmniROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip file on your tablet.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install OmniROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 with complete steps using CWM recovery. We also have several tips on how to backup your tablet data and also some more tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. You will have to wipe your previous personal data and apps as usual when installing custom ROMs. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
OmniROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM Details:
This amazing OmniROM custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100: How to Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on Any Official Firmware.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
- Android 4.2.2 Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this OmniROM ROM based on the latest Android 6.0.1? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your tablet now. We will be waiting for your feedback! Please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android tablet with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 backup data to Motorola Xoom.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your tablet, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing tablet set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android tablet to the computer? You may need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your tablet goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your tablet might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to OmniROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware.