OnePlus One users have finally received the much-awaited Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow release, as ZNH2KAS1KN Cyanogen OS 13.1 update. This firmware brings the latest Android Marshmallow to the OnePlus One with all the features, and a few extra ones that have been added as part of Cyanogen OS. Just a few days back, we saw the official Marshmallow firmware update for the OnePlus 2, and here we have it for its predecessor as well. An OTA update is already on the way to your phone, but for those who do no want to wait any longer can grab the new software update from our tutorial below. In our guide below, we will be using TWRP recovery to install Android 6.0.1 based Cyanogen OS 13.1 ZNH2KAS1KN update zip file, but please note, this update will work with a stock recovery as well.
If this is your very first time installing an OTA update manually on this phone, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Cyanogen OS 13.1 ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. It is better to have a clean installation with no previous data, but since you would want to update from Cyanogen OS 13.1, please skip out the wipe data steps below in the tutorial. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Cyanogen OS 13.1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM Details:
This amazing Cyanogen OS 13.1 custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with the all new Material Design. Several new apps have been redesigned and perform a lot faster on this phone. This update brings the following changes to your OnePlus One software:
- View trending tweets on your lockscreen
- Skype features built into the Phone app
- New Cortana features
- OneNote mod to take notes from anywhere in the OS
- Microsoft Hyperlapse is also part of Cyanogen OS now
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the OnePlus One, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install Marshmallow: How to Update OnePlus One to Android 6.0 Marshmallow AOSP ROM.
- Install OxygenOS: How to Install OxygenOS on OnePlus One Android Phone.
- Install Marshmallow: How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of OnePlus One custom ROMs, click here!
Like this Cyanogen OS 13.1 ROM based on the latest Android 6.0.1? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
OnePlus One USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for OnePlus One properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat and Marshmallow.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model. And also make sure you have an unlocked bootloader (except Samsung).
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update OnePlus One to Cyanogen OS 13.1 ZNH2KAS1KN Marshmallow software update.
TUTORIAL: How to Install Cyanogen OS 13.1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on OnePlus One
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Cyanogen OS 13.1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware on OnePlus One. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your One, then this should not be any different for you.
As we mentioned earlier, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone. Please do that first and then get back to this tutorial. And before you proceed below, make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for installing Cyanogen OS 13.1 ZNH2KAS1KN software update on OnePlus One.
- You can also install this software update using stock recovery.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding. If you do not want to wipe any data, skip step 6.
- Good luck!
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Cyanogen OS 13.1 ZNH2KAS1KN ROM for One to your computer.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your One USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Cyanogen OS 13.1 ROM zip file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the file is in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together. Alternatively, read this: How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone.
NOTE: Screenshots of the Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP Recovery) may change as new versions are released.
Step 6 – Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 8 – Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now as show below.
Your One will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your OnePlus One should now have Cyanogen OS 13.1 ZNH2KAS1KN Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official software update installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.