The latest XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware can be directly installed on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge through this simple and fast tutorial. Samsung has truly nailed it with the Galaxy S7 Edge but tough competition still keeps the brand on its toes. This firmware update not only addresses bugs but comes up with features like Condensed Text scaling to better optimize the phone. Also, XXU1APE9 carries the latest security patch for Android. This guide is specifically meant for the unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge G935F variant. If you have another variant, don’t implement the given steps. Also, Samsung KIES and OTA(Over-the-air) update already have this build on their servers but due to multiple regions and carriers, your phone might not be able to detect it. This is where our guide comes into play. We will guide you through each and every step on how you can manually update your Galaxy S7 Edge to XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware regardless of the region or carrier. You can update your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F to XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow — and also root Galaxy S7 Edge G935F phone on this firmware. G935FXXU1APE9 is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
As you continue reading below, we will guide youHowever, behind the scenes, changes are continuously being made so be sure to have your phone running on latest firmwares by Samsung. XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow will also fix some of the notification glitches that certain users pointed out. Th how to install XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy S7 Edge LTE G935F using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Major revamps like these usually have a wipe script with them, meaning, after you finish the update process, your phone will be completely wiped. Now in order to avoid any problems we recommend backing up your data which might include documents, contacts, or even downloads. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 Firmware Details:
Model name Galaxy S7 edge
Version Android 6.0.1
Build date Tue, 10 May 2016 09:56:07 +0000
Security Patch Level 2016-05-01
Product code PVT
You might find these following Galaxy S7 Edge G935F related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: Root XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S7 Edge G935F Marshmallow Firmware.
- Install Marshmallow: How to Install Android 5.1 Marshmallow on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S7 Edge LTE G935F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Marshmallow.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S7 Edge G935F to Android 6.0.1 XXU1APE9 official firmware update.