Google today has released the final and stable build of Android Studio 2.0. Announced earlier last year, Google is aiming to make its IDE (Integrated Development Environment) much faster and optimized. It has taken a strict look at the needs of each individual developer and has come up with something that suits all. This single package will include everything that is required for development of an Android app. The code editor, emulator and other tools have been integrated into Android studio to make the process much simple and keep the focus on the app being created itself. You can download Android Studio 2.0 right now from visiting Google Developer page.
The new updated Android Studio 2.0 brings support for all latest Android platforms such as Android Wear and Android TV which serve alongside the mainstream mobile OS. Latest APIs have been included in this program as well. For developers who are looking for an even more detailed look into Android Studio and features that Android Studio 2.0 brings can read the detailed guide right below.
Android Studio 2.0 Features List:
Here is a brief overview into the new features which Android Studio 2.0 will contain.
- Instant Run – For every developer who loves faster build speeds. Make changes and see them appear live in your running app. With many build/run accelerations ranging from VM hot swapping to warm swapping app resources, Instant Run will save you time every day.
- Android Emulator – The new emulator runs ~3x faster than Android’s previous emulator, and with ADB enhancements you can now push apps and data 10x faster to the emulator than to a physical device. Like a physical device, the official Android emulator also includes Google Play Services built-in, so you can test out more
- API functionality. Finally, the new emulator has rich new features to manage calls, battery, network, GPS, and more.
Cloud Test Lab Integration – Write once, run anywhere. Improve the quality of your apps by quickly and easily testing on a wide range of physical Android devices in the Cloud Test Lab right from within Android Studio.
- App Indexing Code Generation & Test – Help promote the visibility your app in Google Search for your users by adding auto-generated URLS with the App Indexing feature in Android Studio. With a few click you can add indexable URL links that you can test all within the IDE.
- GPU Debugger Preview – For those of you developing OpenGL ES based games or apps, you can now see each frame and the GL state with the new GPU debugger. Uncover and diagnosis GL rendering issues by capturing and analyzing the GPU stream from your Android device.
- IntelliJ 15 Update – Android Studio is built on the world class Intellij coding platform. Check out the latest Intellij features here.