CyanogenMod recently released their first batch CM13 Nightly custom ROM builds for a handful of devices. These lucky devices are diverse and range from a number of smartphone manufacturers. CM13 itself brings Android 6.0 Marshmallow which is an upgrade over the previous Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Along with the version upgrade, CM developers have also added and upgraded their proprietary features. The theme engine is now more versatile and CM is finally taking shape as it’s own individual character rather than just a pure AOSP port for non-Nexus devices.
As CM13 is still being developed continously, you wont experience the quality you find in other stable builds such as snapshot ones. However, these builds will provide you with an environment in which you can test all the major features. The device list will increase gradually and more devices will be added each month. Users who are running CM12 or CM12.1 can dirty flash onto these Nightly builds while others will have to wipe before installation. We have listed supported CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Nightly devices right below along with the features that CM13 will bring.
CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Features:
- Samsung introduced this feature initially in their TouchWiz overlay and now it has trickled down to CyanogenMod. You would be able to open apps in small snippets simultaneously. You would be able to resize them and move them about easily.
- Fingerprint Support:
- As the statistic has increased, Android 6.0 and CM13 will now support native Fingeprint support on compatible devices. Older iterations rendered this sensor useless but thankfully you would be able to restore the functionality in CM13.
- Improved Battery Life:
- CM13 works hand in hand with the new Doze feature in Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Not only does it increase the battery life of your device noticeably but standy times are exponentially increased. You would also have control over apps which use most of your battery so you can individually manage each of them.
CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Nightly Devices:
Following are the initial devices which have recieved first CM13 Nightly package. As we said before, this is still a work in progress which means there might be some bugs. Along with that, more devices will be added gradually.
- OnePlus One (bacon)
- Nexus 7 (deb & flo)
- LG G4 (h815)
- Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (mondrianwifi)
- LG GPad 7.0 (v400 & v410)
- LG G3 Verizon (vs985)
- Moto X 2014 (victara)
We will soon be releasing how-to guides for installing CM13 Nightly builds on these devices very soon so keep an eye out!