At Google I/O 2015 a newer version of Android Studio was announced for developers, version 1.3. A short briefing about what it will bring to the table was also included in the keynote. However, this preview build of the Android Studio 1.3 doesn’t include support for C/C# which got every developer excited about. Google says in the first few previews, C/C# will not be included. Anyhow, you can stilAndroid Studio 1.3 Preview 1l utilize all the other updates Android Studio 1.3 Preview 1 includes.
We have included the major change list below. Download links have also been attached. Android Studio 1.3 Preview 1 supports Mac OS X, Linux and Windows so no issue of compatibility over different Operating Systems.
New Features Introduced In Android Studio 1.3 Preview 1:
- New Allocation Tracker
- New Heap dump Viewer
- Many new code inspections to enforce framework and support library threading annotations, range annotations, call super, check result, etc.
- Missing permission checks and unhandled revocable permission checks
- Android M preview data binding Support
- Support for adding Google Services to the project in the project structure dialog (especially for Analytics)
- SDK update notifications, and brand new integrated SDK manager UI
- New quickfixes, such as automatic generation of a Parcelable implementation
- Many built-in live code templates
- Many other smaller features and bug fixes
If you already have Android Studio installed, you can update to 1.3 Preview 1 by going to “Check For Updates”.