Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582 can now be updated with Extreme Lollipop custom ROM, which brings a completely modified version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat — to look more of like the Android 5.0 Lollipop release from Samsung. There may never be an official Lollipop update for this phone, but this is as close we can get to Android 5.0 with this custom ROM. Android 5.0 Extreme Lollipop Theme using this complete tutorial. Not necessary, but it would be better if your phone is rooted and has a custom recovery installed. A custom recovery will be needed to install Android 5.0 based Extreme ROM zip file, since this is not an official Samsung firmware update.
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Extreme ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this Android 5.0 Lollipop Theme based custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone. As a Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582 user, you have several options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 5.0 Extreme Lollipop Theme ROM Details:
This amazing Extreme custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop Theme. A quick list of the main features in Extreme is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582:
Fully Improvised User Interface Like New Android Version Lolipop 5.0
2. Fully Deodexed Rom
3. Boaltware removed for better performance
4. Android L Boot Animation Added
5. Lolipop Framework Animation
6. Walkman Is the Build Music player (Thanks Afnan For that)
7. Viper4android Included for batter Sound Quality
8. Power Widget enabled for Quick access
9. Good Looking Wallpapers
10. Power Saving Mode Enabled
11. Added Flashlight Toggle on Statusbar
12. Android version Kitkat view
13. Power option Enabled in settings
14. All System Apps Are well themed
15. Added MultiWindow On It (Though it is not fully Working)
16. Google Calender And Massenger Added
17. Rooted With Updated SuperSu
18. Xposed Module aded for Playing Big Size Games
19. Fx meterial Designed File explorer with Full version and can be used as a root explorer
20. All Apps ar updated With Updated Firmware
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this Extreme ROM based on the latest Android 5.0? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model. And also make sure you have an unlocked bootloader (except Samsung).
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582 to Android 5.0 Extreme Lollipop Theme custom firmware.