You can now run Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Galaxy Alpha G850F by updating it to XXU2COD4 official firmware. Samsung sure did make Galaxy Alpha customers wait for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop but we have it now and let’s see what has changed. Firstly, you will be looking at strong redesigns of built-in Samsung apps such as Messaging app, Camera app and many others. Secondly, you will also notice a slight improvement in performance thanks to Lollipop’s code and Samsung’s latest drivers. This build is solid and can be installed on any Galaxy Alpha as long as the model is G850F which corresponds to LTE and Octa-Core processor. Right now, France is the region where you can get XXU2COD4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop through Samsung KIES and OTA(Over-the-air) update. Users outside shouldn’t worry. As we have quick and easy fix for that. Our solution will let you manually update your Samsung Galaxy Alpha avoiding any sort of wait and hassle. You can easily update Galaxy Alpha G850F to XXU2COD4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop official firmware– and also root Galaxy Alpha G850F phone on this firmware. G850FXXU2COD4 is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXU2COD4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy Alpha LTE G850F using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. We don’t want anyone losing their data due to any issues. For the rooting tutorial, we have given the link below for a complete tutorial. Make sure your backup isn’t entirely based on apps, backup your photos, downloads and documents as well because they are also prone to being formatted. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU2COD4 Android 5.0.2 Firmware Details:
Model name GALAXY Alpha
Version Android 5.0.2
Build date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 15:58:27 +0000
Product code XEF
You might find these following Galaxy Alpha G850F related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy Alpha LTE G850F on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Official Firmware.
- Install TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Recovery 2.8 on Galaxy Alpha – Complete Guide.
- nstall Lollipop: How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy Alpha custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Alpha LTE G850F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Alpha properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Lollipop and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Alpha G850F to Android 5.0.2 XXU2COD4 official firmware update.