The brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 can now be updated to XXU1AODG Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware. Customers complained about the excessive RAM usage bug. Samsung admitted that it was a fault on their end and they were working on a solution. That solution has arrived. XXU1AODG, although based on the same Android 5.0.2 Lollipop version as firmwares before, will address various bugs but specially the memory leak. Nothing major has changed on the outlook but beneath it all, some major work has been done. With this new update, we hope to see customers getting the most out of this gorgeous device. XXU1AODG Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware is currently branded to Vodafone. Users registered with Vodafone in Spain and UK can now start seeing this update pop on Samsung KIES and OTA (Over-the-air) update system. Users who can’t get it through the mentioned streams can follow along our step-by-step guide given right below. You can easily update Galaxy S6 G920F to XXU1AODG Android 5.0.2 Lollipop official firmware– and also root Galaxy S6 G920F phone on this firmware. G920FXXU1AODG is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXU1AODG Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy S6 LTE G920F using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Major revamps like these usually have a wipe script with them, meaning, after you finish the update process, your phone will be completely wiped. Now in order to avoid any problems we recommend backing up your data which might include documents, contacts, or even downloads. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU1AODG Android 5.0.2 Firmware Details:
Model name GALAXY S6
Country Italy (Vodafone)
Version Android 5.0.2
Build date N/A
Product code OMN
You might find these following Galaxy S6 G920F related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy S6 LTE G920F on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Official Firmware.
- Install TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Recovery 6 on Galaxy S6 – Complete Guide.
- Install Lollipop: How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S6 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S6 LTE G920F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.0.2 XXU1AODG official firmware update.