Samsung has finally started rolling Android 5.0 Lollipop to Galaxy S5 G900H (Exynos variant) with this latest XXU1BOA7 Android 5.0 firmware update. Lollipop has been around for a while on the Galaxy S5 G900F (LTE Variant) but the G900H is just starting to receive it. However, it is better late than pushing out a buggy firmware. The changes are major with this update. You get the all new material design, notification pull down and even better performance thanks to ART run-time. Android Lollipop is a big upgrade in itself but bundled with TouchWiz UX makes it even better. All the buttons and Samsung apps have been redesigned as well. For now, users in Kazakhstan can view this update pop up on OTA (Over-the-air) system update or Samsung KIES. Customers elsewhere should follow our manual tutorial. We have all the steps lined up which will have your Galaxy S5 G900H updated to Android 5.0 XXU1BOA7 firmware in a matter of minutes.. You can easily update Galaxy S5 G900H to XXU1BOA7 Android 5.0 Lollipop official firmware– and also root Galaxy S5 G900H phone on this firmware. No custom recovery (ClockworkMod) or a rooted phone is required for this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXU1BOA7 Android 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy S5 G900H using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. We surely don’t want you to lose any of your data so best practice is you save your photos, downloads, documents and whatever you find important to a safe location such as your PC. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU1BOA7 Android 5.0 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 5.0
Build date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 02:47:20 +0000
Product Code: SKZ
You might find these following Galaxy S5 G900H related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy S5 G900H on Android 5.0 Lollipop Official Firmware.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy S5 – Complete Guide.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S5 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S5 G900H, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S5 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S5 G900H to Android 5.0 XXU1BOA7 official firmware update.