Samsung Galaxy S4 I9506 (LTE-A Variant) has just been updated to XXUDOA6 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. Samsung recently released this firmware to the Czech Republic region. It was rumoured that Samsung would actually update the old Galaxy S4 but now it has been confirmed. We expect Lollipop to arrive soon on other variants as well. XXUDOA6 Android 5.0.1 firmware will bring a whole new experience to this device. From changing the UI to changing something as complex as the runtime, all will be covered with this update. You can expect a new look and feel with added performance from this firmware. In order to install XXUDOA6 Android 5.0.1, head on to Samsung KIES or refresh the OTA(Over-the-air) update service on your phone. It is likely you wont be able to find this update due to region differences. Gladly, we have a solution for that. You can install the whole firmware manually. It is much easier than it sounds and hopefully, the steps have been explained adequately. You can easily update Galaxy S4 I9506 to XXUDOA6 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop official firmware– and also root Galaxy S4 I9506 phone on this firmware. You might notice some new language packs in your phone, but that is completely okay.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXUDOA6 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 LTE-A I9506 using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Before going through the process, backup your photos, downloads, anything which wasn’t installed on the phone before-hand as these updates format the whole phone clean. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUDOA6 Android 5.0.1 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE-A
Country: Czech Republic
Version: Android 5.0.1
Build date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:15:08 +0000
Product Code: ETL
You might find these following Galaxy S4 I9506 related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy S4 LTE-A I9506 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Official Firmware.
- Recovery Mode: How to Enter Recovery Mode on Galaxy S4.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S4 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S4 LTE-A I9506, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S4 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S4 I9506 to Android 5.0.1 XXUDOA6 official firmware update.