HTC One X can be updated with the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using Resurrection Remix custom firmware. This ROM includes a ton of customization options, great performance and awesome battery timing. Music app and Audio FX has been ported over from CM12 ROMs and comes with many other nifty features — a list of all of them have been posted below. Now even you HTC One X users an get a taste of the stock Android experience with Lollipop on your phone. If interested in Android 5.0.2 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update One X to Resurrection Remix LP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by HTC, but just a custom ROM that is based on the latest AOSP release and would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone. Make sure your HTC One X bootloader is unlocked or you won’t be able to install custom ROMs.
As you continue reading, we will tell you how to install Resurrection Remix LP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM on HTC One X. All the step-by-step instructions are given below, and we have also given a few extra tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding as this tutorial will wipe out all your internal storage data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Resurrection Remix LP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM Details:
This amazing Resurrection Remix LP custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. A quick list of the main features in Resurrection Remix LP is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your One X:
- Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
Network traffic monitor
Add Weather display to status bar header
Overall Speed up system
Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
Included all cm 12 features
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the HTC One X, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader on HTC One X.
- Try KitKat on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of HTC One X custom ROMs, click here!
Like this Resurrection Remix LP ROM based on the latest Android 5.0.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
HTC One X USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC One X properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update One X to Resurrection Remix LP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom firmware.