NamelessROM is one of the very first custom firmwares to bring Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Samsung has already dropped official support for this phone with new firmware updates with Android upgrades, but that doesn’t stop developers from releasing their very own AOSP based ROM. Material Design, new lock screen and notification center and tons of other features are all included in this latest Android update. We won’t recommend using this firmware as a daily driver, but you can go ahead and try it out on your Samsung Galaxy S3 to see what Google has launched in Lollipop. If interested in Android 5.0 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 5.0 NamelessROM Lollipop custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM that is based on the latest AOSP release and would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Android 5.0 NamelessROM Lollipop on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 5.0 NamelessROM Lollipop ROM Details:
We haven’t really found any major issues or apps that do not work with this Android 5.0 NamelessROM custom firmware.
This amazing NamelessROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S3, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 on Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Android 5.0 Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S3 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this NamelessROM based on the latest Android 5.0? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 5.0 NamelessROM Lollipop custom firmware.
HOW TO: Install Android 5.0 NamelessROM Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Android 5.0 NamelessROM Lollipop custom firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy S3 I9300, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 5.0 NamelessROM ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S III variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy S3 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 5.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. Alternatively, read this: How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone.
NOTE: Screenshots of the ClockworkMod Recovery may change as new versions are released.
Step 6 – Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” as shown below. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 – Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” as you can see in the image below.
Step 8 – Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 9 – Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 10 – Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 5.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Google Apps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
Step 11 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu as show below.
Your Galaxy S3 I9300 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy S3 should now have Android 5.0 NamelessROM Lollipop custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.