XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2 will now take place as the most latest official update available for the Galaxy Note 3 N9005, LTE variant. This update is based on the same Android version and is nothing more than any other maintenance release. Bugs fixed, issues addressed and better drivers is all what you get with XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2. On the flip-side, leaked builds of Android 5.0 Lollipop for Galaxy Note 3 have surfaced giving excitement for owners and soon-to-be owners as well. Right now, you can get your Note 3 N9005 updated through Samsung KIES and OTA (Over-the-air) update but only in certain regions. Oppositely, our tutorial covers a wider audience, covering anyone who owns a Galaxy Note 3 N9005. As this is a complete firmware package, you can restore to stock after installing a custom ROM using the same process given below. N9005XXUGNJ2 firmware is a Samsung official firmware therefore no need of rooting or installing a custom recovery. You can update your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 on XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware using our step-by-step method and also root this firmware. You can also install Android 4.4.4 KitKat using CM11 custom ROM.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 KitKat official test firmware using ODIN. We have all the tips on how to backup your Android apps and other phone data, also don’t forget to read the important tips we have given below. Photos, downloads, documents and media which you might have transferred will be at risk of getting formatted during the update process, only way to avoid this risk is to back up everything which you deem important. Let’s continue with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Country: United Arab Emirates
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:20:40 +0000
Product Code: XSI
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
You may be interested in the following Galaxy Note 3 related articles:
- How To Root: How to Root XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 Official Firmware.
- ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install CWM 6 Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
- TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
- Enter Recovery Mode: How to Enter Recovery Mode in Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Galaxy Note 3 LTE custom ROMs, click here!
If you need to install a previous firmware for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE, check our guides below:
- Update Galaxy Note 3 LTE to XXUGNI4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware.
- Update Galaxy Note 3 LTE to XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware.