XXUCNJ3 Android 4.4.2 will be taking place as the most latest update available for the Galaxy S4 Mini. Many weeks have past us since the first KitKat update and surely there has been lots of improvement after that. Same Android version, KitKat 4.4.2, but this time it’s more reliable, secure and fast. If you were facing issues with KitKat before, this update hopefully will address that. However, don’t expect newer UI elements as those remain mostly the same in such maintenance builds. Recommended is you go straight to Samsung KIES and OTA (Over-the-air) update in order get your phone updated but unfortunately that is not possible for everyone due to regional limitations. A custom Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE is now already available. On the other hand, we have this easy guide listed below which will show you how you can manually update your Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 to XXUCNJ3 Android 4.4.2. This process purely relies on the official package provided by Samsung and no third-party extras have been added by us. You can easily update Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 to XXUCNJ3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware. Please note, you do not need to have ClockworkMod Recovery installed in order to install this firmware.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXUCNJ3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. The main task at hand before proceeding is to make sure that all of your data has been backed up and accounted for as we don’t want anyone losing there data due to issues. By now, you should have backed up your photos, downloads, documents, music and videos as once the process starts and data is wiped there is no return. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.4.2 XXUCNJ3 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY S4 mini
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 10:30:45 +0000
Product Code: SER
You may also want to read the following tutorials:
- Root Galaxy S4 Mini: How to Root Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 to XXUCNJ3 Android 4.4.2 Firmware.
- ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9190.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Android 5.0 ROMs: Check out a quick compilation of all the Android 5.0 ROMs available!
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini custom ROMs, click here!
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 to Android 4.4.2 XXUCNJ3 official firmware update.