Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F LTE is now being updated to the latest XXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware. This is a very big milestone achievement from Samsung’s part to launch Android 5.0 Lollipop this early — only a month after the official release. Previously this used to take atleast 3 months before a major Android release was pushed out. Not only have they started pushing Android 5.0 which is stable enough to use as a daily driver on their flagship smartphone but they have done it only a month’s period of time after Lollipop’s code was released. Previously, we saw Galaxy flagships, even the high end ones, waiting for months upon months for an version upgrade but Samsung is changing that for good now. The latest TouchWiz UI features have been ported through. TouchWiz now has a better look and feel with new Material Design elements. XXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 is a major revamp in terms of internal features such as the new lockscreen, buttons, widgets, notification system, almost everything has changed. Right now, Samsung has only pushed this update to Poland region which means users in Poland can easily update their phones by going to Samsung KIES or OTA (Over-the-air) update. Gladly, this is not the only way of updating to Lollipop. Users who can’t find the update on the official services can use our handy guide which lets you manually update your phone without any restriction. You can easily update Galaxy S5 G900F to XXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 Lollipop official firmware– and also root Galaxy S5 G900F phone on this firmware. G900FXXU1BNL2 is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy S5 LTE G900F using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Major revamps like these usually have a wipe script with them, meaning, after you finish the update process, your phone will be completely wiped. Now in order to avoid any problems we recommend backing up your data which might include documents, contacts, or even downloads. . Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 5.0 – LRX21T
Build date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:41:00 +0000
Product Code: XEO
You might find these following Galaxy S5 G900F related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy S5 LTE G900F on Android 5.0 Lollipop Official Firmware.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy S5 – Complete Guide.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S5 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S5 LTE G900F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S5 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 5.0 XXU1BNL2 official firmware update.