LTE variant of the Galaxy S4 Mini, I9195 is now being updated to XXUCNK1 Android 4.4.2 firmware officially — other you can lso download Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM. This firmware update comes as a no surprise but just another maintenance build. In fact, all the work has been focused upon the internal side of the software which you wont be interacting with. UI side of things are similar if not same. Multiple bugs have been fixed, stagnant issues have been resolved and performance has been improved. All to be related with a maintenance build. This is no reason to skip the update rather it should be convincing to update your phone as soon as possible to XXUCNK1 Android 4.4.2. Samsung KIES and OTA(Over-the-air) update will be pushing this update right now. Regions will be limited which means some might see it pop up while others don’t. If you want to update your Galaxy S4 Mini right now then we recommend you read through our full update guide complete with steps given below. You can easily update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 with XXUCNK1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware — and also root this update! Please thoroughly read the steps given below before performing them on your device and note that this guide is only for the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXUCNK1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Before actually listing down all the steps we will recommend you start by backing up your personal data such as photos and downloads to an external place except your phone. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.4.2 XXUCNK1 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY S4 mini LTE
Country: United Kingdom
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 08:57:23 +0000
Product Code: BTU
You may also want to read the following tutorials:
- Root Galaxy S4 Mini LTE: How to Root Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Install Android 5.0: Update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE to Android 5.0 CM12 Lollipop Alpha Custom ROM.
- Install Android 4.4.4: How to Update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 with Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 Custom ROM.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Android 4.4.2 XXUCNK1 official firmware update.