Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be updated with the recently announced XXUFNJ1 Android 4.4.2 firmware. Not much different on the outside to be excited about but internally, it is a much better update. You get the latest drivers, compatibility fixes and more juice from the same battery. We are not expecting this phone to go on and be updated to Android Lollipop but there is always hope with Samsung as the KitKat build also came as a shocking surprise. Being an official update, it’s already available on Samsung KIES and OTA (Over-the-air) update. Slight downside to that is, only certain regions are able to access it while others wait for their turn. If you are one of those people who are eager to try this right now can follow along with this tutorial. Want to go the extra mile then do try Android 4.4.4 KitKat with a custom ROM. N7100XXUFNJ1 brings some refinements over all the issues associated with KitKat update so be sure to check it out. You can easily install XXUFNJ1 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 through our detailed tutorial below. For instructions on how to root this phone, follow this tutorial.
Below, we’ll give you some basic instructions on how to how to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXUFNJ1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware using ODIN. We have also outlined some precautionary measures, such as how to backup your Android apps and other phone data, as well as some other general tips. This firmware applies on the international variant of Galaxy Note 2 and is completely unbranded. However, you might get extra system apps or languages after updating. Pictures, downloads and documents are few things which everyone accumulates on their phones, it would be frustrating if we lost them. In order to avoid this from happening while applying the update, back up everything and check it before reading ahead. Let’s continue with the tutorial on how to install the XXUFNJ1 update.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or any other software mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUFNJ1 Android 4.4.2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Note II
Country: United Kingdom (O2)
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 14:39:27 +0000
Product Code: O2U
You may also be interested in:
- Install CWM Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- Root Galaxy Note 2: How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 – Complete Tutorial.
- Try KitKat on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Computer – Complete Guide.
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Previous KitKat official firmware tutorials for Galaxy Note 2:
- How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXUFNG4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware.
- How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXUFNE1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXUFNJ1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware.