XXUANH3 Android 4.2.2 firmware was just announced recently and can be installed on the Galaxy Grand Neo I9060 right now. We can’t seem to find any major changes with this firmware except for the fact it is here to address several issues and bugs. Right now, XXUANH3 Android 4.2.2 software update package is available only to limited regions through Samsung KIES and OTA (over-the-air) update. However, if you choose to follow our guide, you can have your Galaxy Grand Neo I9060 updated without the wait. I9060XXUANH3 is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and you can install it on your device by following our full tutorial. You can now manually install XXUANH3 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Grand Neo I9060 official firmware! This is not a custom ROM, this is a official firmware update by Samsung.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Grand Neo I9060 to XXUANH3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware using ODIN. We have all the tips on how to backup your Android apps and other phone data, also for a smooth flash we have written tips along the tutorial which you can easily follow. This is a completely unbranded firmware, which means any user with an unlocked Galaxy Grand Neo I9060 can install this firmware. Let’s continue with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUANH3 Android 4.2.2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Grand Neo
Version: Android 4.2.2
Build date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:23:53 +0000
Product Code: LUX
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Grand Neo I9060, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
You may be interested in the following Galaxy Grand Neo related articles:
- Try KitKat on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Galaxy Grand Neo custom ROMs, click here!
Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Grand Neo I9060 to XXUANH3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware.