Samsung has just released the first official ZCUCNH1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for Galaxy Note 10.1 P601 in China. Other regions already have their KitKat firmwares for quite a while now, however, this is the only one for China. Samsung has hopefully spent time with this update in order to address such a huge audience without bugs. New icons, new widgets, new UI and newer drivers make this an essential update. P601ZCUCNH1 can be found on Samsung KIES and OTA (Over-the-air) installation. If you are running a custom ROM or can’t find this update, then you would have to follow our manual guide. Our tutorial will guide you through each and every step. ODIN will be used to flash this firmware, therefore no need of installing any custom recovery or rooting your device. You can easily install ZCUCNH1 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 10.1 P601 by following the step-by-step tutorial below — and also root this tablet!
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through how to backup data, some important tips and the entire process of how to update Galaxy Note 10.1 P601 to ZCUCNH1 Android 4.4.2 official firmware with all the steps required to do so. This is a completely unbranded firmware, which means, you can install this firmware on any Galaxy Note 10.1 P601 but can get some extra language packs depending on the region. Don’t forget to read all the important tips given below. Personal data such as photos and downloads are just as important, if not more, than apps so we recommend you back them up as well. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
ZCUCNH1 Android 4.4.2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition 3G
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 01:21:55 +0000
Product Code: CHN
You may also want to read the following pages:
- Root Galaxy Note 10.1 P601: How to Root Galaxy Note 10.1 P601 on ZCUCNH1 Android 4.4.2 Firmware.
- Custom ROMs: For the latest custom firmwares, check out our Custom ROMs section!
If you plan on rooting this tablet or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Note 10.1 P601, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android tablet with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the Android 4.4.2 USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your tablet, we strongly recommend you to also backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing tablet set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android tablet to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your tablet goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your tablet might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your tablet is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head to the next page for the tutorial on how to update Galaxy Note 10.1 P601 to ZCUCNH1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware.