Several users had a complaint that as soon as they try to update their Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 with a software update on stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, their tablets stopped working. By that we mean, Yoga Tablet 8 does not boot up properly and gets stuck on the Lenovo logo screen in the start. Further more, you can not even do anything from the recovery or “Factory Mode” because the default language it comes in is Chinese. We found a similar Yoga Tablet 8 unit with a messed up software and decided to play around and fix it. If interested in Android 4.4.2 KitKat for this and other tablets, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 to stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official ROM using the tutorial below.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 with complete steps using Smart Phone Flash Tool. We also have several tips on how to backup your tablet data and also some more tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial below. All your current personal data, apps and other files in the tablet will be wiped clean, but everything stored in your microSD card should not be deleted. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s begin with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM Details:
This is a completely fresh stock ROM of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. This firmware can come in handy if you mess up the stock firmware yourself when trying to root or update your tablet. We will also explain how you can update Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat once you are on Android 4.2.2.
You might be interested in the followings:
- Android 4.4.2 Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Yoga Tablet 8 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this stock ROM based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your tablet now. We will be waiting for your feedback! Please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android tablet with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
NOTE: A link to official and working USB drivers is also given below in the tutorial / guide.
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 backup data to Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your tablet, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing tablet set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android tablet to the computer? You may need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your tablet goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your tablet might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your tablet is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 to stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM.
HOW TO: Install Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 B6000
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Yoga Tablet 8 B6000. All the tools, files and USB drivers needed in this guide are given below for you to download.
We would highly recommend that you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your tablet.
- This tutorial is only for installing stock Android 4.2.2 ROM on Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 B6000. Please do not try on any other Yoga Tablet variants.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data from the internal storage.
- You need to be on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 for the following tutorial.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your tablet before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Switch OFF your tablet and disconnect it from the USB cable (if it is already plugged in). Keep it at your side because first we will install all the required drivers and tools.
Step 2 – Download Stock Android 4.2.2 ROM for Yoga Tablet 8 B6000 to your computer from the following links. It depends on which model you have (WiFi, 3G and WW_CALL).
- Download for WiFi model: B6000_A422_000_059_131219_WW_WIFI
- Download for 3G model: B6000_A422_000_084_140310_WW_3GDATA
- Download for WW_CALL model: B6000_A422_000_084_140310_WW_CALL
NOTE: You will have to register at the website to download the stock ROM. Use Google Translator as that website is in Russian language.
Step 3 – Download the following USB drivers and tools that will be needed in the installation process below.
Step 4 – Extract LenovoUsbDriver_autorun_1.0.11.rar and install the drivers on your computer.
Step 5 – Now extract SP_Flash_Tool_Driver_Auto_Installer_v1.1236.00.7z and install these drivers on your computer.
NOTE: You may be promoted several times that Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver. Ignore that and click on “Install this driver software anyway” every time this message shows up.
Step 6 – Extract the ROM file anywhere on your computer that you downloaded in Step 2.
Step 7 – Extract FlashTool.7z on your computer and run the Flash_tool.exe file.
Step 8 – Connect your Yoga Tablet 8 with your computer using a micro USB cable while the tablet is OFF.
Head over to the next page from below for the rest of the tutorial.