XXANR6 Android 4.1.2 is taking place as the most recent update available for Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. No major Android version upgrade, only maintenance fixes. We were expecting to see an Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update but we guess the time for that has passed. Samsung KIES and OTA (Over-the-air) update will have this package on their servers but they are locked to certain regions right now. For those who can’t find the update or want to revert to stock then this guide is for you. We will show you how you can update to XXANR6 manually. I8190XXANR6 is a branded firmwares which translates into some extra bloatware such as languages and carrier apps. You can update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to XXANR6 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update using our complete guide given below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXANR6 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution, because you never know when something might go wrong. ClockworkMod recovery is not needed at all or a rooted phone to install this firmware update as we will be using ODIN. As much as we prioritize backing up apps, we also want you to back up your photos, documents, downloads etc which you have accumulated in order to avoid frustration later on. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 XXANR6 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY S III mini
Country: Austria (T-Mobile)
Version: Android 4.1.2
Build date: Fri, 23 May 2014 10:13:20 +0000
Product Code: MAX
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S3 Mini I8190, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to XXANR6 Android 4.1.2 official firmware.