Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE has received XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 firmware update which brings a new KitKat build for this Android phone. This is so far the most optimized and fastest build of Android 4.4.2 KitKat released by Samsung so far. Constant updates are a good sign for the device owners as this shows the brand is still focusing on making the experience even better. Straight after updating to this firmware you would not notice anything widely different but over time you would begin seeing all the small improvements. Regions to which this update has been announced for include Germany which means if you bought your device from any of the included regions then you would be able to see XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 update pop up on Samsung KIES and OTA (Over-the-air) update. Users outside will have to wait in order to view this package but fortunately you can skip the wait and follow our manual tutorial given below. N9005XXUFNG2 firmware is a Samsung official firmware therefore no need of rooting or installing a custom recovery. You can update your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 on XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware using our step-by-step method and also root this firmware. You can also install Android 4.4.4 KitKat using CM11 custom ROM.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 KitKat official test firmware using ODIN. We have all the tips on how to backup your Android apps and other phone data, also don’t forget to read the important tips we have given below. This firmware can be easily installed on any unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE. Data like pictures and downloads should also be backed up from the device because updates tend to wipe the whole phone clean. Let’s continue with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:16:09 +0000
Product Code: DBT
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
You may be interested in the following Galaxy Note 3 related articles:
- How To Root: How to Root XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 Official Firmware.
- ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install CWM 6 Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
- TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
- Enter Recovery Mode: How to Enter Recovery Mode in Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Galaxy Note 3 LTE custom ROMs, click here!
If you need to install a previous firmware for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE, check our guides below:
- Update Galaxy Note 3 LTE to XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware.
- Update Galaxy Note 3 LTE to DXUENF3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware.