XXUCNG1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is now available for the Galaxy Note 10.1 P605 LTE. After the international variant of Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) got the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, the LTE variant (SM-P605) was bound to follow. XXUCNG1 Android 4.4.2 will be bringing several new features to this Android tablet alongside a major TouchWiz revamp. This update should be your top priority if you own this epic tablet. Samsung KIES and OTA (Over-the-air) updates are the services from which you can automatically update your device however the catch is, your region might not have the update yet. In that case you can follow along our manual tutorial which shows you how you can update your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE manually. This guide will also serve the purpose of reverting back to factory settings if you have rooted or installed a custom ROM on your Note 10.1 LTE. P605XXUCNG1 right now is limited to the Italian region so users outside wont see this update pop up, as mentioned before. You do not need to root Galaxy Note 10.1 or install a custom recovery since we will be using ODIN to flash this firmware. You can easily install XXUCNG1 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 10.1 P605 by following the step-by-step tutorial below — and also root this tablet!
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through how to backup data, some important tips and the entire process of how to update Galaxy Note 10.1 P605 to XXUCNG1 Android 4.4.2 official firmware with all the steps required to do so. This is a completely unbranded firmware, which means, you can install this firmware on any Galaxy Note 10.1 P605 but can get some extra language packs depending on the region. Don’t forget to read all the important tips given below. By now you should have backed up your photos, downloads, and apps because after you continue you can not recover lost data. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUCNG1 Android 4.4.2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 06:36:55 +0000
Product Code: ITV
You may also want to read the following pages:
- Root Galaxy Note 10.1 P605: How to Root Galaxy Note 10.1 P605 on XXUCNG1 Android 4.4.2 Firmware.
- Custom ROMs: For the latest custom firmwares, check out our Custom ROMs section!
If you plan on rooting this tablet or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Note 10.1 P605, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android tablet with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the Android 4.4.2 USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, LTE, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your tablet, we strongly recommend you to also backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing tablet set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android tablet to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your tablet goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your tablet might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your tablet is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head to the next page for the tutorial on how to update Galaxy Note 10.1 P605 to XXUCNG1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware.