Galaxy Grand 2 G7105 can now be updated to the XXUANF4 Android 4.3 firmware which was announced by Samsung recently in a urge to address some issues persisting in the previous update. We hope to see a glitch free firmware with better performance and a smoother experience. This is another Android 4.3 firmware and we hope to see Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware come out in the near future. Regions like Romania can get this update over Samsung KIES or OTA (Over-the-air) update while others can follow our easy guide on manually updating your device. G7105XXUANF4 is an official firmware update, not a modified or custom ROM. You can easily update Galaxy Grand 2 LTE G7105 to XXUANF4 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware. No custom recovery or a rooted phone is required for this tutorial. Manual flashing of this firmware will not increase your binary counter.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXUANF4 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand 2 LTE G7105 using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. We don’t want anyone losing their data due to any issues. A risk of losing your data is always present with these updates so we advise you once again that make sure you have everything backed up before following the steps. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUANF4 Android 4.3 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Grand 2 LTE
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 09:05:55 +0000
Product Code: ROM
You might find these following Galaxy Grand 2 G7105 related articles interesting:
- Try KitKat on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Grand 2 G7105, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Grand 2 G7105 to Android 4.3 XXUANF4 official firmware update.