Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 T520 can now be updated to XXUANE1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. This firmware is not anything major but more like a maintenance build which is to address minor issues and glitches. This firmware has been announced for the New Zealand region which means people outside of New Zealand wont be able to see this firmware via Samsung KIES nor on OTA (over-the-air) system update. In that case you can use the tutorial given below to update your Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 manually. Regional firmwares tend to have extra apps and languages pre-installed which is also the case with this firmware. You can easily update Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 T520 to XXUANE1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat using the tutorial below and root Galaxy TabPRO 10.1.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXUANE1 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 T520 using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as you never know when you might end up with a problem. We have laid out helpful tips through out the guide so make sure to keep an eye out for them. Safety of your device and data is of our utmost importance so please back up all of your data and check it once again. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 – XXUANE1 Android 4.4.2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY TabPRO 10.1 Wi-Fi
Country: New Zeeland
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Fri, 23 May 2014 11:36:01 +0000
Product Code: NZC
You might find these following Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 T520 related articles interesting:
- Root Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 T520: How to Root XXUANE1 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 T520 – Complete Tutorial.
- Try KitKat on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this tablet or are still confused for why to root Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 T520, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android tablet with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the Android 4.4.2 USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your tablet, we strongly recommend you to also backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing tablet set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android tablet to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your tablet goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your tablet might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your tablet is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and install XXUANE1 Android 4.4.2 firmware on Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 T520.