GenNxt custom ROM for the Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 is based on the official Android 4.3 firmware from Samsung. But the best part is, it comes with a long list of amazing features and it is already rooted so you can easily install root apps with this ROM. A number of features have been ported over from the Samsung Galaxy S5’s KitKat firmware as well. This is probably the very first custom firmware available for this phone yet. You can easily update Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 to GenNxt Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom firmware. Please note, you do not need to have a rooted Galaxy Grand 2 to install this ROM.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install GenNxt Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Our installation guide for this custom ROM is very easy because we will be using ODIN for installation. We don’t want anyone losing their data due to any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
GenNxt Android 4.3 Firmware Details:
This amazing GenNxt custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. A quick list of the main features in GenNxt is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102:
- -popup incoming call notification
- -Face unlock feature added in Lockscreen options
- -statusbar with Home and Lock buttons
- -Dual sim icons removed from notification panel
- -Chrome style popup browser
- -Premium White settings
- -Blotwares removed
- -KeyGuard Clock Position Center
- -Custom bootanimation
- -Custom Flare Effect
- -S5 systemui
- -S5 Framework
- -S5 weather widget
- -S5 settings icons
- -S5 Gear Manager
- -TwLauncher 5×6 app drawer with hide app feature
- -S5 App icons
- -Xposed Youtube Adaway
- -Unlimited Multiwindow dock
- -init.d support
- -S Note
- -3D Gallery
- -Multiwindows Plus
- -xposed installer
- -wanam xposed
- -xposed app settings change dpi
- -viper4android music effects
- -Haptic feedback in settings
- -Greenify xposed
You might find these following Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 related articles interesting:
- Install Android 4.3: Update Galaxy Grand 2 G7102 with XXUAND1 Android 4.3 Official Firmware.
- Root Galaxy Grand 2: How to Root GenNxt Android 4.3 on Galaxy Grand 2 Duos – Tutorial.
- Try KitKat on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an custom firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 to Android 4.3 XXUAND1 custom firmware.