Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 3 N900A can be now updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat with SOKP – Sonic Open Kang Project. Thanks to this ROM, you will be able to enjoy complete stock Android 4.4.2 experience because this SOKP ROM is built using AOSP sources. You will be able to enjoy fast multitasking, much better performance, best audio and video quality and tons of customization options. You will not need any other mods or scripts after trying otu the SOKP custom firmware. If interested in Android 4.4.2 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update AT&T Galaxy Note 3 N900A to SOKP Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware using the tutorial below. Your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 N900A should be rooted and have a custom recovery installed. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install SOKP Android 4.4.2 KitKat on AT&T Galaxy Note 3 N900A with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
SOKP Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM Details:
This amazing SOKP custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. A quick list of the main features in SOKP is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 N900A:
- Cyanogen Mod 11.00 Based.
- Option to Hide Notification Lables
- Notification Transparency
- Contextual Notification Panel Header
- Notification Power Widgets with changeable background and icon colors
- Tiles layout customization with quick pull-down,smart pull down,quick collapse.,background and icon color options
- Status Bar Customizations like Battery icon,Clock and Date,Status Bar colors
- Network Traffic Meter
- Signal Text Color,Hide Signal Bar option
- Custom Carrier Lable
- Double Tap to sleep Option
- Breathing Sms Notification
- Breathing missed cal notifications
- Breathing voice-mail Notification
- Customizable Low battery warning
- Limit the notification sound of each application
- Screen on Notification Light(enable/disable)
- Custom System Animations
- CRT Animation
- List view Animation
- Toast Animation
- IME Animations
- Multiuser Support in lock-screen security
- screen lock options
- Lock screen themes for rings and elements
- Customizable Slider Targets and Shortcuts with Eight slider Targets
- Lock Screen widgets with maximize and minimization option
- Phone encryption
- Lock Screen Notification Access control
- Lock Screen Notifications
- Customizable Lock Screen Icons
- Lock-screen Power menu
- Transparent & Blur Lock-screen
- Lock Icon Torch
- Halo floating Notifications
- Customizable Power menu with lots of options
- Advanced Display control Configure your screen colors
- Chameleon OS Active Display
- Gesture Navigations
- Chameleon OS Gesture Every where
- Customizable Navigation bar with Navigation Rings’
- Custom Progress bar make your own color full progress bar
- Slim PIE control
- Chameleon OS Identicons
- Recent View customization can chose stock or Slim recent view with memory indicators,clear all button
- Customizable recent panel color
- Build Prop mods enable disable option menu
- INIT.D mods enable disable option menu
- System Application remover
- LCD Density Changer
- Wake lock Blocker
- Suspend Action When screen goes off
- Scrolling Animations
- Disable full-screen keyboard option
- Recent ram Bar with customizations
- Media Scanner Behavior Controller
- Option To Disable FC Notifications
- Default App grip option
- Dual Pane options
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
- High end graphic effects option
- Dark SOKP UI
- App Permission Options
- Advanced Kernel Tweaker Instead of Performance control with lot option to control CPU & GPU
- GPS Location Fix
- Build Prop Editor
- Seeder Entropy Generator
- X-Posed Framework
- Per Application DPI
- HyBrid UI>>>Phablet And Phone UI
- Omni Duel Split Screen
- Unlimited Floating Multi window
- Network Connection Manager
- Status Bar Battery Bar
- Status Bar Brightness slider
- Cast Screen
- Screen Recorder with Audio option
- Adoptive Back light
- Privacy Guard
- Sony Xperia Z2 application like Sketch (Pen Supported),Tasks,Converter ,Car launcher.
option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms – settings – theme settings
- Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
- Enable/disable wake up on charge option
- insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this ROM absolutely fly
- option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 3, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Try KitKat on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 3 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this SOKP ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update AT&T Galaxy Note 3 N900A to SOKP Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.