XXAMF2 Android 4.1.2 firmware has been released for the Samsung Galaxy Star Duos S5282 in some regions. This brings a new Jelly Bean build to your phone and with this firmware update, you can expect to see the issues of previous firmwares being fixed and a whole lot better experience on this budget phone. Currently, this firmware is being rolled out to the Middle East region, if by any chance you don’t find this update on Samsung KIES or even OTA (over-the-air) then you can follow this easy manual guide on updating your Galaxy Star Duos. This is a stock and official firmware, hence no need of custom recoveries or root. S5282XXAMF2 firmware is an official firmware by Samsung, not a custom or modified firmware. You can easily update Galaxy Star Duos S5282 to XXAMF2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware — and root this firmware.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXAMF2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Star Duos S5282 using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. In case you plan on roothing this phone, if then, you need to make sure all your data is safe and secure or it will get all wiped out. Your data is of our utmost value so we will use this as a reminder about backing up your data. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 XXAMF2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Star Duos
Version: Android 4.1.2
Build date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:19:41 +0000
Product Code: AFG
You may also want to read the following pages:
- Root Galaxy Star Duos S5282: How to Root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 on XXAMF2 Android 4.1.2 Firmware – Complete Guide.
- Install CWM6 Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Star Duos S5282.
- Custom ROMs: For the latest custom firmwares, check out our Custom ROMs section!
Samsung Galaxy Star Duos USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Star Duos properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Star Duos S5282 to Android 4.1.2 XXAMF2 official firmware update.