How to Update Galaxy S Duos S7562 to XXBML1 Android 4.0.4 ICS
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S Duos to Android 4.0.4 XXBML1 ICS. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This XXBML1 Android 4.0.4 firmware tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an official software update, not a custom firmware.
- This firmware might have any carrier bits.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.0.4 build XXBML1 update for Galaxy S Duos S7562, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy S Duos to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. See here: How to Root XXBML1 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy S Duos S7562 Official Firmware Update.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.0.4 S7562XXBML1 for Galaxy S Duos to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button. Leave the buttons as soon as you feel the phone vibrate. Press Power button again to confirm to enter into Download Mode. See here: How to Enter Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy S Duos.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy S Duos USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos has now been updated to Android 4.0.4 build XXBML1 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.