Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 has been greeted with another Jelly Bean update — XXUBNC2 Android 4.2.2. We hope to find a Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update roll out just round the corner but unfortunately, Samsung has yet to announce anything on this matter. You will not be noticing anything major with this firmware rather it is just a simple bug fix build to address the ongoing issues. Samsung KIES already has I9082XXUBNC2 build on it’s servers but only for specific regions, if you didn’t find anything on KIES then you won’t find anything on OTA either. Fortunately, if you live outside the region of this update, we have a manual method which is very simple and not requires a whole lot. You can easily update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to XXUBNC2 Android 4.2.2 using our tutorial below! As this is a official update and not a custom ROM so you wont require rooting or a custom recovery.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXUBNC2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. It is always better to make a backup before doing anything with your Android device. This firmware is a official firmware update from Samsung and not a custom ROM hence it wont require a custom recovery.We have included some helpful tips throughout the steps so be sure to follow them. Moreover, we value your data and would once again advise you to back it up from your phone and keep it in a safe place for future use. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUBNC2 Android 4.2.2 Firmware Details:
Model name: GALAXY Grand DUOS
Version: Android 4.2.2
Build date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:40:11 +0000
Product Code: KEN
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to XXUBNC2 Android 4.2.2 official firmware.