How to Install XXNB1 Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 to Android 4.1.2 XXNB1 Gingerbread. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is a firmware by Samsung, not a modified or a custom ROM.
- This firmware has been leaked, not an official release.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.1.2 XXNB1 update for Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy W to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. See here: How to Root Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 on Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.1.2 I8160XXNB1 for Galaxy Ace 2 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Ace 2.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see “downloading” on your screen.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Ace 2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘AP/PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘CP/Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 has now been updated to Android 4.1.2 build XXNB1 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank you!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.