Here is a complete guide on how to root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Just yesterday we wrote how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on this phone, but rooting after that would make more sense because rooting a phone would open up so many possibilities for you to do with the Galaxy Star. Root would allow you to make the most out of your device — most of these benefits have been covered by us as a separate post here on Team Android. Read: Benefits of rooting an Android device. You can easily root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using the tutorial below. This root process promises to work on all Android 4.1.2 firmwares present for the Galaxy Star Duos.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Star Duos S5282 with CWM custom recovery. Make sure you do not forget to backup all your personal data and apps before proceeding. This step is just for precaution as we don’t want anyone to lose their apps and other phone data. Don’t forget to read all the backup tips below because we never know when an issue might come up and you may have to wipe your phone. After you have followed this easy guide on rooting your device, you would be able to access root apps like DSLR Controller. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 Tutorial – Details:
This root method will use ClockworkMod recovery to be installed on your phone. Please make sure, you already have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your phone in order to install the SuperSU root package or you will get an error. For a tutorial on how to install CWM Recovery, please read the following link:
- Install ClockworkMod: How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Star Duos S5282.
If you wonder why you should root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 or any other Android phone? Read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
You can update Galaxy Star S5282 to the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware from here: Update Galaxy Star S5282 to XXANA4 Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Star USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Star properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 on the official Jelly Bean firmware.