Soon after the XXUANA1 build, we now have the new XWUANA6 Android 4.2.2 firmware update for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos. After announcing Android 4.2.2 for this device, Samsung has been keen in releasing new and bug-free builds. We recommend that you keep your devices updated to the latest firmware available. This firmware is not branded and is being released to more regions gradually. I9152XWUANA6 has already been released on Samsung KIES and OTA. If you can not find it there, we have compiled this tutorial for you. You can easily update Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos I9152 to XWUANA6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware from our tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XWUANA6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos I9152 using ODIN. I9152XWUANA6 firmware is an official firmware by Samsung, not a custom or modified firmware hence it wont require root or CWM. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. To make sure we make this as easy as possible, we have compiled tricks and tips which are laid throughout the guide. Before continuing, we recommend you backup all of your data and make sure it’s in a safe place for later access. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.2.2 XWUANA6 Firmware Details:
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue reading below and update Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos I9152 to Android 4.2.2 XWUANA6 official firmware update.
How to Install XWUANA6 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos I9152
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos to Android 4.2.2 XWUANA6. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing on your device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos I9152. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- I9152XWUANA6 is an official firmware by Samsung for the Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos I9152.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Double check and read the tips on the previous page once again to make sure everything is in order.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.2.2 build XWUANA6 update for Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos I9152, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will soon post a tutorial on how to root Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.2.2 I9152XWUANA6 for Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to install Android 4.2.2 on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos I9152.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos has now been updated to Android 4.2.2 build XWUANA6 firmware update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE as a thanks to us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.