XXUEML2 Android 4.3 for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can now be downloaded and installed on the phone. It is always better to keep your phone up-to-date with the latest software update available from Samsung. This firmware was released on Samsung KIES and also can be downloaded from OTA — if available for you. If you did not get this firmware on KIES or OTA then you should follow this tutorial for the manual method. N7100XXUEML2 is a official firmware by Samsung which means you wont be needing root or CWM. You can install XXUEML2 Android 4.3 on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 using our detailed tutorial below — and also root this firmware!
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXUEML2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware using ODIN. We have all the tips on how to backup your Android apps and other phone data, also don’t forget to read the important tips we have given below. This firmware is unbranded which means you won’t be finding any extra or unnecessary apps pre-installed on your phone after the flash. For those interested, try out Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2. Let’s continue with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXUEML2 Android 4.3 Firmware Details:
Date: 2014 January
You may also be interested in:
- How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 – Complete Tutorial.
- Android 4.4.2 ROM: Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM.
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Android 4.4 KitKat ROM: Paranoid Android has released a new custom ROM, based on Android 4.4 KitKat, for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100. How to install? Read here: How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM.
N7100XXUEML2 Android 4.3 for Galaxy Note 2 – New Features:
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Samsung KNOX
- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- Better RAM management
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI
- Implementation of Voice controls
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Previous Jelly Bean official firmware tutorials for Galaxy Note 2:
- How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXUEMK9 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXUEMK4 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXUEML2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware.