Just yesterday, we wrote about the new Jelly Bean firmware update that was released a few days back earlier this month, and a complete root method for that firmware is also now available. You can root DXAMD1 Android 4.1.2 firmware on Galaxy S Advance I9070 by following our tutorial below. Since rooting a phone has tis own advantages, most importantly you will be able to run root apps on your Galaxy S Advance. What are best root apps? Read our list of the essential root apps available! You can easily root DXAMD1 Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S Advance I9070 using the tutorial below. ClockworkMod Recovery is not really needed (it is optional) since we can perform this by using stock recovery as well.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy S Advance I9070 on DXAMD1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Make sure you do not forget to backup all your personal data and apps before proceeding. This step is just for precaution as we don’t want anyone to lose their apps and other phone data. Don’t forget to read all the backup tips below. The following tips are important as they will help the rooting procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Root DXAMD1 Android 4.1.2 Tutorial Details:
This root method will use stock recovery to be installed on your phone and make your phone fully rooted with full access. In order to do the rooting process, you will also need to have a SD card in your phone. It is a must, or you will not be able to install the root package. This root method has been discovered by Shaaan, an XDA-Developers member using the root trick for Galaxy S2 I9100.
If you wonder why you should root Galaxy S Advance I9070 or any other Android phone? Read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Want to update to this latest DXAMD1 Android 4.1.2 firmware update for Galaxy S Advance I9070? Read this tutorial for all the instructions: Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 to DXAMD1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S Advance properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root DXAMD1 Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S Advance I9070 official Jelly Bean firmware.