The tutorial on how to root Galaxy S4 I9500 on the latest current Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 official firmware is now available. Samsung Galaxy S4 is not even yet available on sale, but thanks to the leaked firmware and system dump files, the root method is already available for download. Are you one of the lucky few people who are using the Galaxy S4 I9500? Yes, then this rooting guide is for you. Why should you root? Read: Benefits of rooting an Android device. The complete tutorial on how to root Galaxy S4 on I9500XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 software update is possible thanks to a pre-rooted firmware. You do not need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed as we will be using ODIN.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 I9500 with complete steps. Apart from this, we have some data backup tips for your phone and other important tips below. We hope that you are well aware of the fact that rooting your Android phone will void its warranty, and are okay to take the risks i.e. voiding your warranty. For those who do not know, rooting Galaxy S4 I9500 will allow you to install root apps, custom recovery and install system tweaks. Read our list of the essential root apps available! Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Root Galaxy S4 I9500 on Android 4.2.2 – Pre-Rooted Firmware Details:
This quick rooting method for the Galaxy S4 I9300 uses a pre-rooted XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 official firmware with SuperSU binaries and root access. Please note, this rooting method will not install a custom recovery or anything else other than allowing you root / full system access on your Galaxy S4. May be, at a later time when the phone is actually out worldwide, a better rooting solution will be released.
NOTE: Your Samsung Galaxy S III I9500 should be on the Android 4.2.2 build XXUAMC6 firmware in order to apply this root method. Please make sure your phone is on the said firmware from Settings > About phone.
Samsung Galaxy S4 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the tutorial below and root Galaxy S4 I9500 on XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 official firmware update.
How to Root Galaxy S4 I9500 on XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 Firmware
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 to XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
This is a risky guide for your Android phone, just like most of the other Android tutorials on this website. Please read every line carefully and read the entire tutorial first before actually performing it on your Galaxy S4 I9500.
- This root method tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as a precaution. No data will be lost though.
- You should be on XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 software version.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download I9500XXUAMC6 Pre-Rooted Firmware for Galaxy S4 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 (if needed) which will help you to root Android 4.2.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode on your phone. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy S4 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 has now been rooted on Android 4.2.2 build XXUAMC6 software update. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
Hit +1 or LIKE as a thanks to us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.