Galaxy S3 I9300 can be updated to XXEMB5 Android 4.1.2 firmware update (United Kingdom) which has been released just a while ago earlier today for download. Most users can already download this new official firmware update XXEMB5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean from Samsung KIES, but as for those who can’t can follow our tutorial below. This is not a modified or a custom ROM. I9300XXEMB5 firmware is an official firmware by Samsung that does not even require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the firmware files on your phone. You can easily update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMB5 Android 4.1.2 official firmware. You can also root Galaxy S3 on this firmware.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXEMB5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN, tell you how to backup your important data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. We don’t want anyone losing their data during the installation process. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. This firmware is an unbranded firmware which means any Galaxy S3 I9300 user can install this on their phones (except users in China, Hing Kong and Taiwan regions). Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 XXEMB5 Firmware Details:
Date: 2013 February
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
UPDATE: Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean official test firmware was leaked a few days ago. Want to try? Read the tutorial here!
Root tutorial: How to Root XXEMB5 Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Firmware. And if you wonder why you should root? Read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Previous Jelly Bean official firmware tutorials for Galaxy S III:
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMB2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMR2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXEMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 Firmware New Features:
- Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
- Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Paper Artist App
- Group Cast App
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.2 XXEMB5 official firmware update.