Galaxy S3 I9300 can now be updated with the new latest Omega Android 4.2.1 custom ROM that is based on the recently leaked XXUFMB3 Android 4.2.1 test firmware for this phone. This ROM comes with a huge number of features that we have mentioned below. If interesting in Android 4.2.1 for other phones, check out custom ROMs section and the new Android 4.2.2 ROMs post. You can update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Omega Android 4.2.1 XXUFMB3 Jelly Bean custom firmware using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Omega Android 4.2.1 XXUFMB3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Omega Android 4.2.1 XXUFMB3 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware Details:
Here is a list of all the features Omega custom ROM comes with for this phone:
Based on beta firmware XXUFMB3 Android 4.2.1 (Date: 19/02/2013)
Kernel Stock XXUFMB3
Multi 128 csc set to EUR
efs Backup (added the option to create efs backup during installation)
OmegaDroid Walk Bootanimation
Omegadroid wallpaper added in default wallpapers
CWM Manager v3.60 by Chainfire (not fully compatible)
init.d support without the need of a kernel that supports init.d
Full Wipe option
Wipe cache partition automatic before roms installation
Wipe Dalvik Cache automatic during installation
Wipe preload partition automatic before roms installation
Google apps from Android 4.2:
Camera and Gallery from Android 4.2
Keyboard Android with Gesture Typing from Android 4.2
Keyboard with Emoji Support from Android 4.2
Clock Application from Android 4.2
Omegas addon applications:
Es File Explorer (with great Root Explorer)
Hide It Pro
Download All Files
FastDormancy Toggle for I9300 by gokhanmoral
Flash player Support
OnlineNandroidBackup credits to H3R3T1C and ameer1234567890
CPU Adjuster v2.7.5 by bartito – xda thread
Charger Connection Sound
Enabled Custom Bootanimations
All supported languages enabled
All supported languages for Samsung Keyboard enabled
Email with Exchange Security Disabled
Hide sms from call logs
Disabled Scrolling cache
No sms to mms conversion
Unlimited contacts to sms – mms
V6 SuperCharger credits to zeppelinrox
Disabled advertisements – can be enabled again from Addfree app (included in Omega)
Faster GPS lock
Modded YouTube by rolle (can download videos)
Join more unlimited contacts in the contact app – Get this from Omega Files
Battery % mod
Enable Call Button In Contacts – Get this from Omega Files
Enable sub Symbols on Stock Samsung keyboard
Added exit menu to stock web browser
All rotations enabled
Samsungs Task Manager Shortcut app by indie
Stock Theme Changes:
Dithered Holo Background
Black status bar
Transparent Accuwheather Widget
Rom is Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
You might want to read this: How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Omega Android 4.2.1 XXUFMB3 Jelly Bean custom firmware.