The Jelly Bean edition of WanamLite custom ROM is now available for the Galaxy S2 I9100 based on the latest XWLSD Android 4.1.2 firmware update. This custom firmware comes with tons and tons of new features and optimizations throughout the ROM — a list has been mentioned below. For more details, check out our Galaxy S2 ROMs page! You can install WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 using our tutorial below. You need to have a custom CWM recovery installed to flash custom firmwares. On a side note, we also have Android 4.2.1 AOKP ROM for the Galaxy S2.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean with complete steps. This tutorial requires you to have a rooted Galaxy S2 with a custom recovery (ClockworkMod) installed on your Android phone. Please make sure you backup all your Android data and carefully read all the tips given below before moving on to the tutorial on the next page. You will have to wipe everything on your phone while installing this ROM. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean ROM Details:
WanamLite custom ROM comes with the following amazing set of features:
- Based on latest Jelly Bean base LSD
- Repacked Stock Kernel + Safe CWM (Thanks to Philz)
- Deodexed & Rooted & Zipaligned & Busybox
- Pure Stock Themed
- Aroma installer
- Unlimited SMS recipient list
- No SMS to MMS convert
- Automatic SMS encoding (Arabic support)
- Numeric Circle battery (Optional on Aroma)
- 23 customizable Status bar + Numeric Circle battery (Optional on Aroma)
- Numeric Circle battery (Optional on Aroma)
- Tweaked Speed & Battery life
- Disabled scrolling cache
- Debloated (Removed Apps available on Aroma installer)
- Large APN list
- No incremental ringtone
- Enabled Call recording
- Enabled Ripple effect on Stock Lockscreen (Optional on Aroma)
- 4 Way reboot
- 4 Shortcuts on the Lockscreen
- Clean build.prop for best Market compatibility
- Kies support
- Call Button on Contacts List (You can hide it from Aroma installer)
- Stock dialer buttons
- Hacked Email App
- Unlimited Wifi AP clients
- Unlimited Contact joining
- Disabled Shutter on Apps
- Moved All system apps on Preload partition to get more space on System partition
- Swype keyboard (Optional on Aroma)
- Enabled Shutter sound menu on Camera
- Tweaked CPU sampling rate for better battery life
- Unlimited MultiView Control
- MultiCSC:127 CSC
- Enabled Exit button on the Browser
- Stock Arabic Fonts (optional)
- Arabic Right to Left Fix (Optional)
- Google Plus & Magazines moved to Aroma options
- Disabled Signature check with 23 toggles (optional)
- Removed USB OTG wakelocks
- Media Scanner fix
You need to be rooted in order to install this custom firmware on your Galaxy S2 I9100:
- How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XWLSD Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- How to Root XWLSD Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100.
Samsung Galaxy S2 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S II properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100.