After the release of leaked XXLSC Android 4.1.2 firmware, a number of custom ROMs have rolled out but only Ultimate Jelly Bean custom ROM has gotten our attention. It comes with a lot of new and intuitive features which we hope you would surely adore. You can easily update Galaxy Note N7000 to XXLSC 4.1.2 Ultimate Jelly Bean custom ROM using the tutorial below. Your phone should have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of how to install XXLSC 4.1.2 Ultimate Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note N7000 with complete steps. Please backup your data as this tutorial will wipe everything from your Galaxy Note using CWM recovery. We also have some more important tips given below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXLSC 4.1.2 Ultimate Jelly Bean ROM Details:
Let’s take a look at what features does this Ultimate ROM come with:
- Fully ReBuild from XXLSC DUMP
- ROM Based on NEW leaked XXLSC Firmware
- NEW Philz Safe Kernel 3.73 for XXLSC and New CWM Touch 22.214.171.124 with exFAT Support
- NEW Modem XXLSC
- Updates Over The Air – OTA UpdateMe added on Settings
- Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- SuperSU Added
- Fully Rooted
- Fully Zipaligned
- Fully Deodexed
- Deleted some useless apps
- Added and fixed some more Build.prop tweaks for better optimization, battery life, 3G signal and network, camera, media and more…
- Added some more init.d optimizations
- Switched to MTP instead of Mass Storage, you can also use Mass Storage
- Fixed CRT OFF and fully working on XXLSC, now the screen will not turn on after a couple seconds you turned off (was already present on LSA)
- Ultimate 4 Way Reboot Options for XXLSC (just long press power button and decide what you want to do)
- SystemUI Soft Themed with semi transparent notification drawer background
- Added SmartRotation in Settings
- Fully working Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Notification Panel into Settings with possibility to change Toggles order
- Call Recording Fix added
- Multiwindow Hack is available for unlimited apps
- Added Ink Effect Mod on Lockscreen
- Popup Browser
- SNote is finally working also with productivity tools
- Airview Fix Available
- Airview in Gallery Fixed
- Added S-Voice
- Added new Android 4.2 keyboard
- Added GMail 4.2
- Added GL to SD to move huge apps or games to external SD
- Added Solid Browser as file manager
- Added CPUSpy
Samsung Galaxy Note USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
UPDATE: XXLSC Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy Note N7000 leaked stock custom firmware is now available! Read here for the tutorial.
All set and ready? Good. You can now proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Note to XXLSC 4.1.2 Ultimate Jelly Bean custom firmware.