Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 can now be updated to the latest ClockworkMod custom recovery available for download. This tablet was released a few months ago, which is a successor to the popular Galaxy Tab 7.0 launched last year. There has already been a number of custom ROMs available for this tablet, including Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM. To install this, you need a custom recovery like ClockworkMod. The complete tutorial to install ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 is now available for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 / P3110 / P3113 models. P3100 is the WiFi + 3G version, whereas P3110 and P3113 are the WiFi only models. If you want to know how to root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 / P3110 / P3113, we already have tutorials for that.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install CWM recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 / P3110 / P3113 using ODIN. We also have some extra tips that you would want to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. As mentioned earlier, custom recovery will allow you to install custom ROMs and firmwares on your tablet, root Galaxy Tab 2 and install other system mods and tweaks. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 Details:
This ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 is now available for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android tablet. Our tutorial below explains how you can install this custom recovery on the following models of this tablet:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 (WiFi + 3G)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P31110 (WiFi)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 (WiFi)
If you are looking for a method to install ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, click here for the full tutorial!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android tablet with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the Android 4.0.4 USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your tablet, we strongly recommend you to also backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing tablet set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android tablet to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your tablet goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your tablet might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your tablet is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now proceed with the tutorial below and install CWM custom recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 / P3110 / P3113.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 / P3110 / P3113 to ClockworkMod Recovery
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to custom ClockworkMod recovery. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you. It is a similar tutorial.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This ClockworkMod recovery tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 / P3110 / P3113. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the tablet.
- This tutorial will NOT wipe your data.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Go to Settings > About tablet on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and check your model no. It should be P3100, P3110 or P3113 or do not proceed.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 package for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer from here:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100: GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_22.214.171.124.tar
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P31110: GT-P3110_ClockworkMod-Recovery_126.96.36.199.tar
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113: GT-P3113_ClockworkMod-Recovery_188.8.131.52.tar
NOTE: Make sure you select the appropriate file above for your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 model.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110.
Step 3 – Switch off your tablet. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up (right button) and then press the Power button together till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Volume Down to confirm and continue to enter into Download (ODIN) Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) USB drivers installed on your computer as given above.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your tablet to your computer while it is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number in ODIN. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your tablet:
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the CWM package file (GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar) you downloaded in step 1 for your model.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your tablet will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your tablet from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 now has ClockworkMod custom recovery installed. Go to recovery mode by turning OFF your tablet and start it again by pressing: Power + Volume Down (left button).
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.