Samsung is all set to announce an Android 4.0.4 ICS based budget Android phone – Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 – very soon and guess what, we already have the very first official firmware – XXALK3 Android 4.0.4. The announcement will be coming up any day now and is expected to be release next year, for now, we only have a confirmed firmware with us. This firmware is primarily for United Arab Emirates and includes full Arabic support. This S5301XXALK3 firmware update is a November 2012 release. You can install XXALK3 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 using this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 with XXALK3 Android 4.0.4 official firmware using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data from the tips given below and don’t forget to read the additional tips given before proceeding to the tutorial. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXALK3 Android 4.0.4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
UPDATE: For another firmware to try on Galaxy Pocket Plus, try XXALJ7 Android 4.0.4 ICS. Read the tutorial here!
Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue below and install XXALK3 Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301.
How to Update Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 to Android 4.0.4 XXALK3 ICS
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus to Android 4.0.4 XXALK3 ICS. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This XXALK3 Android 4.0.4 firmware tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an official software update, not a custom firmware.
- This firmware will not have any carrier bits.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.0.4 build XXALK3 update for Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy Pocket Plus to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will soon do a tutorial on how to root Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 with Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.0.4 S5301XXALK3 for Galaxy Pocket Plus to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button. Leave the buttons as soon as you feel the phone vibrate. Press Power button again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Pocket Plus USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus has now been updated to Android 4.0.4 build XXALK3 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.