Google has officially dropped support for Motorola Xoom by not releasing Android 4.2, but that doesn’t mean other developers will not be trying to bring Android 4.2 AOSP ROMs to Motorola XOOM. We just wrote about how to to get the final CM10 on Motorola XOOM, but now you can also install Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. You can easily update Motorola Xoom to Android 4.2 AOSP Jelly Bean using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire tutorial on how to install Android 4.2 AOSP Jelly Bean on Motorola Xoom (WiFi) with ClockworkMod custom recovery, which should already be installed on your tablet. Remember, this is not an official release, but a custom ROM based on Android 4.2 AOSP release. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Remember, this is an experimental ROM. There will be many bugs and FC errors. Try this on your own risk and always keep a Nandroid backup or another custom ROM that you can later flash on your phone.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Motorola Xoom to connect it with the computer. Download Motorola Xoom USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your tablet to the latest Android 4.2 custom ROM.