Another round of official Jelly Bean firmware updates have started by Samsung for Galaxy S3 users in Korea. We just wrote about the Galaxy S3 LTE SHV-E210K new software update which was released earlier today and now Android 4.1.1 is here for Galaxy S3 SHV-E210S as well. In South Korea, Galaxy S3 SHV-E210S is now receiving the official KSJLK3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update. E210SKSJLK3 firmware fixes a few bugs found in the previous build and no major changes have been made. You can easily update Galaxy S3 SHV-E210S to KSJLK3 Android 4.1.1 using our tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install KSJLK3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 SHV-E210S using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. We don’t want anyone losing their data during the installation process. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.1 KSJLK3 Firmware Details:
Regions: South Korea
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging. (optional, when updating via ODIN).
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 SHV-E210S to KSJLK3 Android 4.1.1 official firmware.