ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 is now available for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. We have written a complete tutorial on how you can install this custom recovery on the Galaxy Tab 2 P3100. Why a custom recovery? There are a number of advantages ClockworkMod Recovery. You will be able to easily root your tablet if the root method requires CWM, backup/restore your tablet with Nandorid, install custom ROMs and perform other system tweaks. For those unsure, P3100 is the WiFi + 3G variant tablet by Samsung. You can install ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100 using the tutorial given below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100 with ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution before getting to the instalaltion procedure below. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
You may want to read: CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Read the tutorial here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install ClockworkMod 126.96.36.199 custom recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100.