HTC One X+ was announced and launched last month, which is merely an upgrade to the HTC One X. We now have a tutorial on how to root One X Plus (or One X+) on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean official firmware. The entire tutorial has been given below. Please make sure you carefully read the requirements. You can now root HTC One X+ on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean using our easy tutorial below. Remember, rooting your phone will void your warranty. So only proceed if you know what you are doing.
As you continue reading this tutorial, we will tell you how to root Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X+ with complete steps. Backup all your personal settings, data and apps because you never know when something might go wrong on your phone during the rooting process. Let’s proceed with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One X+ to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One X+ USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root One X+ on official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware.