Acer Iconia Tab A700 users are still waiting for the official Jelly Bean software update. Meanwhile, the CyanogenMod community has brought Android 4.1.2 to Acer Iconia A700 with the latest CM10 build. You just need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed and you will be able to update Acer Iconia Tab A700 to Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean custom firmware.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you in this tutorial through the process of how to install Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean on Acer Iconia Tab A700 with complete steps. Make sure you backup all your data as given below because flashing this custom firmware will delete all your apps and personal settings.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
NOTE: Since this is a nightly build, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your Android device can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM.
UPDATE: CM10.1 with the latest Android 4.2.1 is now available for this Android phone. Read here for the tutorial!
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Acer Iconia Tab A700 to connect it with the computer. Download Acer Iconia Tab USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Acer Iconia Tab A700 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.