Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 should be glad that their tablet has been a part of AOKP’s supported devices in all its Jelly Bean custom firmwares. Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean is the latest release from AOKP and is very stable. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. You can now install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 using the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom firmware using ClockworkMod recovery. Be warned, that this tutorial will wipe all your existing installed apps and personal settings. Please backup your data from the tools given below. Let’s continue below to the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean Features:
- Adjustable NavBar width for Tablets
- Allow “Vibrate on Touch” behavior for Slide unlock
- Toggles can be hidden like in ICS – long press on the Settings button!
- Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
UPDATE: Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM is now available for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. Read the tutorial here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 (WiFi + 3G) to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom ROM.